Alan S. Wolf is the President and Managing Attorney of The Wolf Firm, A Law Corporation. Mr. Wolf has served as the Chair of the California Mortgage Bankers Association Legal Services Committee (1994-1995) and Co-Chair (1995-1996), helped found the USFN (the preeminent national association of mortgage banking law firms), and served as a member of the USFN Board of Directors (1990-1996). Mr. Wolf was the lead attorney in the landmark bankruptcy cram down case of Enewally v. Wash. Mut. Bank (In re Enewally), 368 F.3d 1165 (9th Cir. Cal. 2004). Mr. Wolf lectures extensively throughout the country on a variety of loan servicing and mortgage banking issues and has been a featured speaker at numerous MBA National Legal Issues and Regulatory Compliance conferences and National Servicing conferences. He has also written many articles for leading mortgage banking trade journals including Mortgage Banking Magazine, Servicing Management, California Finance, the CTA Newsletter and USFN Report and has authored sections in the Mortgage Bankers Association’s Handbook on Loan Administration and two chapters in the Mortgage Servicers National Reference Directory.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Residential Mortgage Banking: Executive management of the Residential Mortgage Banking Practice Group of The Wolf Firm in the areas of judicial and non-judicial foreclosure, evictions/unlawful detainer, bankruptcy, litigation, loss mitigation, regulatory compliance, escrow/closing, residential receivership and transactions.
- Bankruptcy: Representation of lenders and servicers in chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcies.
- Judicial and Non-Judicial Foreclosure: Representation of lenders and servicers in judicial and non-judicial foreclosures.
- Regulatory Compliance: Representation of lenders and servicers in maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations affecting mortgage banking with special emphasis on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau regulations affecting mortgage loan servicing.
- Dartmouth College, cum laude graduate – 1977
- Southwestern University School of Law, Juris Doctorate – 1980
AFFILIATIONS / RECOGNITIONS
- Member of the State Bar of California (admitted in 1980)
- Admitted to all Federal District Courts in the State of California and the United States Supreme Court
- Fellow in the American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Selected as a member of Best Lawyers in America under the category Mortgage Banking Foreclosure
- Selected as a member of Southern California Superlawyers
- AV rated and listed in the Martindale-Hubbell Register of Preeminent Lawyers